Today’s media companies are seeking communication and media professionals who not only can perform the duties of a journalist or a public relations or advertising practitioner, but who are also comfortable with visual design and content production for digital media—e.g. online publications, blogs, podcasts, virtual communities, interactive advertising.
New Media at ARUCAD is uniquely positioned to prepare students for today’s converging media environment, where communication professionals are expected to have a broad range of knowledge and creative skills, from critical thinking and excellent writing to the ability to create interactive media, digital arts, and strategic communication campaigns.
Students who opt for the New Media Department at ARUCAD shall surely benefit from a contemporary understanding of emerging trends in the evolving communication industry, as well as receiving guidance for connecting classroom learning with local and global market mechanisms.
Asst. Prof. Cengiz Erdem
Head of Department
Cengiz Erdem received his masters and doctoral degrees from The University of East Anglia in England. He specializes in culture and communication, creative writing and critical theory, cinema, philosophy, and psychoanalysis. He has written many articles and is the author of five books published both in Turkish and English.
Prof. Dr. Uğur Yozgat
Uğur Yozgat is a Professor of Management and Organization and Vice Rector at Arkin University of Creative Arts and Design, North Cyprus. His research interests include strategic management, information systems management, communication, customer relationship management and decision making. He has several papers published in national, international, and SSCI journals and conference proceedings, and is in advisory board in many of them. In 2013 he was awarded by Turkish Academy of Social Sciences. Many of his research papers were awarded as best papers in conferences.
Asst. Prof. Pervin Yiğit
She completed her undergraduate and graduate studies in art and philosophy at Middle East Technical University. She completed her doctorate at the University of Sussex. She is still working on the problematic of freedom in political philosophy.
Lecturer Ali Azhari
Ali Azhari is an Iranian filmmaker and cinematographer holding a M.F.A in screenwriting/cinematography and has been professionally working in Iranian cinema as a director of photography for years.
His field of research is focused on interactive and post-cinema.
Lecturer Arvin Medghalchi
Arvin Medghalchi is an Iranian animated filmmaker and illustrator. He has a degree in Visual arts and Visual communication design and more than 15 years of experience in directing independent animated films. He is mostly known for his stop-motion animations which have been screened and awarded from many international film festivals. His field of interest is to use mixed medium to approach the best results in visual storytelling. Lately he has been working on his first animated feature film and a documentary.
2004 ‘’The Big Dream’’ 2D – 9min
2006 ‘’The lonely Dog’’ 2D – 4min
2009 Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘’The Black Cat’’ Stop Motion – 13min
2013 ‘’Imperfection’’ Paper Cut Animation – 6min
2013 ‘’ The Makeup’’ Cut out and Stop Motion – 5min
2014 ‘’Pinocchio’’ 2D Music video ( Officially Published )- 3min
2014 ‘’OMID ( Hope )’’ Stop Motion-9min
2016-17 ‘’Kitchen Dreams’’ Stop Motion – 14min
2017 ‘’In Mediterranean Arms’’ 2D- 2min
2016-17 ‘’Mr.Jazabgholi (Short animation series 10 episodes) 2D
2017 ‘’ Resident of the seventh deadlock’’ Documentary – Work still in progress.
Solo exhibition, Digital Art, Mehrin Art Gallery, 2004 Tehran
Group exhibition, Peace, Love and Friendship, at the cultural and artistic centre for children, 2005 Tehran
* Winner of Best Animation Asia Peace Film Festival. Pa. Edition 2017 ‘’In Mediterranean Arms’’
* Winner of Best Animation Doc. Rendezvous Film Festival Florida. USA 2015 ‘’ HOPE’’
* Winner of the Best Animation KIFEWW Film Festival Kolkata INDIA 2015 ‘’HOPE’’
* Appreciated Director from the 5th Hasanat Short Film Festival Isfahan IRAN 2016 ‘’HOPE’’
* Special Mention Best Animation Director Mowj Film Festival Kish Island IRAN 2016 ‘’HOPE’’
* Appreciated Animation Se Ma For Film Festival (scary puppets) POLAND 2010 ‘’ The Black Cat’’
* Appreciated Movie Poster design from 34th Fajr Film Festival IRAN 2016 ‘’ Risk Of Acid Rain’’
* Official Selection 9th River Film Festival ITALY 2015 ‘’HOPE’’
* Official Selection Athens Animafest Greek 2015 ’’HOPE’’
* Official Selection American Chi. Film Festival USA 2016 ’’HOPE’’
* Official Selection 52th Arvand Film Festival IRAN 2016 ’’HOPE’’
* Official Selection XV cine prob Self founded films MEXICO 2016 ’’HOPE’’
* Official Selection 11th International 100 second Film Festival IRAN 2017 ‘’In Mediterranean Arms’’
* Semi Finalist Movie valley BazzaCinema ITALY 2017 ‘’In Mediterranean Arms’’
* Special Screening Premier Marsselie Film Festival FID FRANCE 2017 ‘’Kitchen Dreams’’
* Special screening; Celebration of best artistic performance of Iran 2017 “ Tasvirsal “ (Image of the year)
* Special Jury Prize; Mowj Film Festival Kish Island. IRAN 2017
* Offiial Selection; 6 th International Khorshid Experimental Film Festival IRAN2017
* Special screening; FIDMARSEILLE 2017
* Special screening; Exground Film Festival Germany screening Best of Iran
* Special Screening; Wisconsin Iranian Film Festival USA 2018
* Special screening; 6th Festival of best Iranian Films in Paris 2018 (12-16 June)
* Official Selection; Athens Animefest 2018
* Official Selection; 6 th International Changing Perspective Film Festival Istanbul. Turkey2018